Giving Back For Good!
Replace & Donate Program
Send back your old FormaHoof Moulds to help horses and ponies in need and get two for one in return!
Between May 14th – June 30th FormaHoof users can send back their used FormaHoof Moulds, buy a brand new replacement from us and receive another mould of their choice absolutely free! The returned mould will be cleaned, disinfected, and donated to an equine rescue centre or charity, to assist with the hoof health and rehabilitation of horses and ponies in need.
At FormaHoof, our overall mission is to help improve the comfort, performance and welfare of equines worldwide. Inspired by a local pony sanctuary in Waterford, Ireland and its caretaker Carole York (see Carole’s story below), we are proud to launch the Giving Back For Good FormaHoof Mould Replace & Donate Program, to support equine rescue and charity organisations that work tirelessly to help the many animals in their care.
Hoof problems are one of the biggest challenges faced in the rehabilitation of neglected and abused equines and FormaHoof can offer instant pain relief, faster rehabilitation and a brighter future for horses, ponies and donkeys that may have faced a lifetime of pain and neglect. Although FormaHoof Moulds are built to last and have a long-life span when cared for correctly, we also recognise that many equine professionals and horse owners might like to replace older moulds, even though they are still fully functional. The FormaHoof Mould replace and donate program gives you the opportunity to do this for free, while helping equines in need.
FormaHoof Mould Replace & Donate Program - How it works!
For FormaHoof Mould returns:
- Return 1, buy 1 & get 1 free
- To qualify, simply submit an image of your used FormaHoof Mould by PM on our social channels or via email to mouldrescue@FormaHoof.com (SUBJECT: Replace-Donate Program)
- Our team will qualify the mould and you will receive your code for the 2 for 1.
- The more expensive mould chosen will be charged and you will receive a free one of equal or lesser value.
- Ship the used mould to your local FormaHoof distribution centre and share your tracking number to release your order.
- Moulds must be in usable condition to qualify for the program.
- Shipping cost to the local distribution centres Florida/USA and Athens/Greece or our office in Waterford/Ireland are on the shipper (customer).
- Shipping address is confirmed with the Mould qualification.
For Rescue/Charity Organisations:
- Apply for a free mould by sending an introduction about your organisation, the horse(s) you want to support with FormaHoof and the horses/pony’s foot measurements by PM or email to mouldrescue@FormaHoof.com
- Once we have reviewed your case, approved it and the right mould comes in, you will be provided with a free FCA course for your hoof care provider, which will include a 10% discount code for your consumable order (AP Resin). The free mould will then be shipped with your consumable order.
- Disinfection, mould check, academy, shipping costs to your charity are all covered by FormaHoof.
We know FormaHoof Moulds can be used for a long period of time when treated, stored and cleaned correctly. We have also tested the use of second-hand moulds in various cases with great success and ensure all moulds are checked and cleaned prior to donation.
About Putting in the Magic and Carole York
Carole York of Putting in the Magic Pony Sanctuary on the results she has achieved with FormaHoof with various laminitic rescue ponies:
“We started our FormaHoof journey on 6 March with Sinbad, a little Shetland with severe chronic laminitis. Sinbad had been on heavy duty painkillers for 8 days prior, but we were able to stop them as soon as we applied FormaHoof. After 5 weeks, we removed his application and found he’d grown heel and gained noticeable concavity in his soles. He’s now in the 3rd week of his second application and moving so well that he may not need another one! The thing about FormaHoof is that apart from the obvious benefits to the pony, the relief for me was immense. Prior to FormaHoof, every day, all day I was looking at him wondering was he improving, was there something more I should be doing, was he ever going to recover, would I have to euthanise him? Once the application was on I could relax, because I felt like I’d done everything possible. Because Sinbad is a very patient pony, I was able to do both applications myself, after the trimmer had trimmed him. I’d had no training, I just watched FormaHoof videos. Now I’ve done the FCA course, so I’ll be better the next time. We currently have 3 ponies in various stages of recovery. One needed only one 3-week application and the other 2 are still wearing their FormaHoof and making rapid progress.
“Another of our ponies – Ernie’ – could barely walk when he came to us. He got his FormaHoof application with a second-hand mould that was kindly donated to us by FormaHoof. Ernie had trouble walking pre-application, but just 4 days after the application he was able to climb up the hills in the fields, bearing most of his weight on his front legs. He is now 4 weeks into his first application and we are looking forward to see his progress. The materials required for an application of a size 2 Pony costs roughly €80 for two feet, excluding the reusable mould. While this may sound expensive, we think it’s absolutely worth it for the pain relief, the much shorter recovery time over conventional methods and the peace of mind I get from knowing the ponies are getting the treatment they need and deserve and can be comfortable all the way.”
If you would like to find out more or support Putting in the Magic, visit their Facebook page here.
Ernie's first 4 weeks in FormaHoof
Join our Facebook group
The FormaHoof – Ask an Expert Q&A group was setup to create an open experience exchange between horse owners and professionals. Get your questions answered and learn more about FormaHoof in a familiar environment whilst making new friends on the way to healthier hooves.
Learn FormaHoof insights here
The FCA course in the FormaHoof Academy is set to give equine podiatry professionals the option of adding certified high-quality FormaHoof services to their business. Nevertheless, the course is open to everyone and owners can gain helpful insights in the usage of FormaHoof and learn with their trusted farrier, trimmer or vet, how to get started.